Wednesday, January 2, 2008

If the sea was beer instead of salty water, she would live and die in Galway Bay.

I'm already behind on my blog! I arrived in Galway on the 30th of December after what seemed like days but actually totaled about 20ish hours of travel. The flight from LA to Paris was pretty excellent I got to practice a lot of French with the people sitting around me. But more importantly, I discovered my LOVE for earplugs. I never really took them seriously until now, which I really regret. About an hour before landing, I noticed everyone becoming very very irritable and antsy, understandably so, as they were all French and were being subjected to 10 hours sans les cigarettes. The stopover in Paris is hardly mentioning, except the fact that I decided to keep the earplugs in for the remainder of the day, just to sort of test them out. No complaints here!

Finally I arrived in Ireland where Pat, Esther, and Little Lauren collected me from the airport and we drove back to
Galway. Since then, I have really lost track of the days. They have all been very enjoyable, full of food, drink, & leisure.

New Year's Eve was quiet and perfect. We enjoyed a feast, great conversation, Christmas pudding, and wine. (and Coronas, and Guinness, and Bailey's, and of course champagne with some neighbors while standing out in the middle of the street in socks as the rain came down). Our bellies were full and our mouths were stained purple. It was an all around success.

Today I relaxed (surprise) and we went to dinner and drinks at The Huntsman. Cool looking place. Food was to die for. If you go, try the seafood chowder. Scrumptious.

I ought to try to get some sleep. I thought I was over my jet lag, which is not true at all. It's currently 3:36 AM. Yesterday I woke at 2:45 PM. It is shameful.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'M GOING TO LEARN HOW TO PUT PICTURES SOON. SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO ANKIT. MISS YOU DUDE.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

although wet socks make me cringe, your holiday antics make me smile and miss.

Ankit said...

is-ha,i am glad to know you are having fun. I love you and i miss you a lot. Just one thing - don't come back as a smoker:)

Alexine said...

Do not get behind on your blogs or I will be extremely disappointed in you Isha Vij. just kidding...well, not really. Wet socks also make me cringe so I guess me and Chris are here in California cringing and loving you.

Unknown said...

i second ankit's comment! ;)
everything sounds amazing so far, im glad youre having a wonderful time!!
miss you

TestingNt said...

Happy New Year, Isha. Oka, so you are drinking on facebook and blogging on the internets? Oh lord. You really are my little sis. <3 Ya

Kim said...

Hey, baby.
I am just miles (okay more than a few, but you know what I mean) away from you. And I am so excited to see you soon. <3