Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

Well I was extremely intimidated to write this entry as so much has happened since my last few weeks have truly been extraordinary. I have traveled so much and have seen things that were simply magical. We have been on our "spring break" here and with nothing but a strong spirit of adventure we made the decision that it would be best to go to Morocco. Naturally. Spring break wooo!!

I can't even attempt to document my journey and travels there as I don't even know where to start. Sometimes even I am at a loss for words. But I hear that a picture is worth a thousand words so I think these are enough to make me rich.


February 14th-16th: Fez
Beautiful mosques in Fez that date back to the 12th century.


Labyrinthstreets circled through the Medina.
Moroccan handicrafts.


Moroccan rugs. Sell for about $5,000 in the states.

The ancient Medina. Never mind the satellites.

First meal in Fez. Below is just the appetizers.
In the spirit of St. Valentine.

The tannery where leather is made. Animals skins hang EVERYWHERE.
Grossest thing I've ever seen in my life.

February 16th: Rabat
The Casbah walls outside Rabat.

Rabat Mosque.

February 17th-19th: The Sahara Desert. I know, pretty badass.

Sunrise from our hotel.
Domestic pets.

Our guide, Ahmed, who lead us deep into the Sahara.
On the way to the campsite via camel. We were singing Bohemian Rhapsody.
Camping!
Desert food. DELICIOUS.
Sunrise.

After Morocco, we spent a few days in Spain partying it up in true spring break style. I got to see Fi and Bri and Rachel which was so nice. They definitely showed me an amazing time. So nice to see a familiar face.


That's all folks!


4 comments:

Alexine said...

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

mhm said...

beauuuutiful morocco pictures

natalia said...

ahhhh morocco! i want to go! and i am in love with the st. valentine photo. and i'm jealous of you and fi together again! lovelovelove

Nina Fitch said...

you are a very gifted photographer... and I miss you