Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh geography is going to get the best of me.

Please pardon this sad sad excuse for an entry, but I've been super busy and there seems to be no signs of slowing down. In the past three weeks, I've been to three countries and will have three more under my belt before I write again. It's a bit ridiculous but I'm not complaining. Last last weekend I enjoyed the comforts of being in my home away from home in Galway again. I spent the weekend doing the things I enjoy most- sharing a glass of wine (or two, three, or four, or maybe even a bottle each) and good company. In my book, nothing in life is better. Esther and I watched our usual trash television with a warm fire while outside a blanket of picture perfect snow covered the country. I was pretty sick the whole weekend, for reasons that would be obvious to some, so it was nice to have a quiet weekend. We even managed a game or two of bowling at City Limits. weekend passed quickly, and I was back in good old Antibes before I knew it.

she comes in colors.

Two days later Felicia and I left for a Parisienne weekend getaway. We were hosted by Pierre and Monique, two of my papa’s friends that he met in Poland a few years back. They were kind enough to let us stay with them and were probably the cutest little old couple I’ve ever seen in my life. Every morning, Pierre, a notable scienist by day and culinary connoisseur by night, made us fresh squeezed jus d’orange. I was worried that I wouldn’t get my strict two-oranges-a-day fix while gone, but this put my worries at ease. As we sat each morning drinking our juice, Pierre shared memories of him and my father enjoying, what seemed to be rather frequently, various types of Polish beer. After our petit dejeuner we maneuvered through the maze of a city in two days flat to frequent every major Parisian tourist attraction known to mankind. Eiffel Tower: check! Arc de Triomphe et Champs Elysées: check and check. Île de la Cité (wine and cheese picnic in hand): check. We did it in style. Notre Dame, Jardins du Luxembourg, Le Louvre: check check check check check check check. Et cetera. My camera died approximately twelve minutes after my arrival in Paris, which really hindered me from taking the 2394830583 pictures I was hoping for. It was all good though. I actually got a chance to see, not worried about whether or not I got a good photograph. I did manage a few of Latin Quartier street art, which was good enough.

The only photos I have of Paris.

So in two days, we covered massive ground space, thanks to the Paris metro system which I definitely had a mad affair with, using and abusing it through all hours of the day and night.

what a beaut.

The metro map now graces my barren white walls next to my bed. Its really really beautiful. Tomorrow marks the start of spring break and our flight to Morocco. We will be there for 5 days. Spain for 4. And then everything else is a big question mark. We don't really have a way home yet, but its cool. We'll see what happens. I won't get to write for a long time, which you are all probably used to so no big deal.

Until next time my friends.

Oh P.S. Happy Valentine's day.

Oh and Natalia if you read this, I can't stop listening to Thao!

1 comment:

natalia said...

awww. yayyy thao! kim also just told me she's listening in s. africa. i have instigated her international appeal.